Mark Nortcliffe Photography values your privacy and cares about the way in which your personal information is treated.
This policy describes:
- what personal information we collect about you
- how we obtain your personal information
- how we use your personal information
- on what basis we use your personal information
- how long we keep your personal information
- who we share your personal information with
- how we protect your personal information
- which countries we transfer your personal information to
- your rights regarding your personal information
Please click on the relevant heading below for more information on each of these areas.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage our services or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff and clients.
The personal information that we process may include:
- Basic information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position and your relationship to a person
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Financial information, such as payment-related information
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings including access and dietary requirements
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our business acceptance processes
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course or providing services to them, which may include special categories of data
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How we obtain your personal information
- We collect information from you as part of our business acceptance processes and about you and others as necessary in the course of providing photography services
- We collect your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services, including our websites and email communications sent to and from Mark Nortcliffe
- We gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for instance engaging with our staff or registering on one of our digital platforms or applications
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publicly available sources
How we use your personal information
Mark Nortcliffe Photography collects and processes personal information about you in a number of ways, including through your use of our website and in the provision of services by us. We use that information:
- To provide and improve this website, including auditing and monitoring its use
- To provide and improve our services to you and to our clients, including handling the personal information of others on behalf of our clients
- To provide information requested by you
- To promote our services, including sending offers and updates, publications and details of events
- To manage and administer our relationship with you and our clients
- To fulfil our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
- For the purposes of recruitment
Use of Mark Nortcliffe Photography website
A number of facilities on our website invite you to provide us with personal information, such as the contact page section of our website and our email queries facilities. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point that you provide your personal information and we only use that information for those purposes.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web-based analytics tool that tracks and reports on the manner in which the website is used to help us to improve it. Google Analytics does this by placing small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device. The information that the cookies collect, such as the number of visitors to the site, the pages visited and the length of time spent on the site, is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Please also see ‘Marketing and other emails’ below.
Marketing and other emails
We do not use your email for any marketing whatsoever and will only contact you following an enquiry that you make to Mark Nortcliffe Photography
On what basis we use your personal information
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide photographic or other services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- For legitimate business purposes. Please see ‘How we use your personal information’ for more detail
How long we keep your personal information
- Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our global data retention policy which categorises all of the information held by Mark Nortcliffe Photography and specifies the appropriate retention period for each category of data. Those periods are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and Mark Nortcliffe Photography business purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We are a UK Based Photography Business and any information that you provide to us may be shared with and processed by any entity in the UK that is associated with Mark Nortcliffe Photography and our associated firms.
We may also share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
- Our professional advisers and auditors
- Suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services such as photography printing and album suppliers
- IT service providers to Mark Nortcliffe Photography
Where necessary, or for the reasons set out in this policy, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do this unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
If in the future we re-organise or transfer all or part of our business, we may need to transfer your information to new Mark Nortcliffe Photography entities or to third parties through which the business of Mark Nortcliffe Photography will be carried out.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.
How we protect your personal information
We use a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Which countries we transfer your personal information to
The level of information protection in countries outside the EEA may be less than that offered within the EEA. Where this is the case, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection laws. EU standard contractual clauses are in place between all Mark Nortcliffe Photography entities that share and process personal data. Where our third party service providers process personal data outside the EEA in the course of providing services to us, our written agreement with them will include appropriate measures, usually standard contractual clauses. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated safely and securely as it would be in the UK and under GDPR.
Your rights regarding your personal information
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have it rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorised transfers of your personal information to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal information relating to you transferred to another organisation. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to Mark Nortcliffe Photography processing of your personal information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘How we use your personal information’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
Should you wish for a copy of your data or for your data to be removed from our systems you can request this is writing by emailing email@example.com. Please note images previously shared on social media or entered into competitions can not be permanently removed as these are deemed to be in the public domain.
We must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information by emailing us here.
Information about Us
Our site is owned and operated by Mark Nortcliffe Photography of
[the STUDIO], 25 Woody Green, Girton, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB3 0PG.
The Data Protection Officer is Mark Nortcliffe. email firstname.lastname@example.org – 07982 077883 – [the STUDIO], 25 Woody Green, Girton, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB3 0PG.
Mark Nortcliffe Photography is a member of The Guild of Photographers.
at your service...
I`d love to chat to you about your wedding plans...
Address: [the STUDIO] 25 Woody Green,
Cambridgeshire CB3 0PG
Phone: 07982 077883